- Affiliated to Swim England South West & Somerset.
- Swim 21 Club Essential accredited, Swim England’s quality mark which recognises the club is committed to providing a safe, effective and quality services for the benefit of our members.
- One of eleven clubs which make up the Team Bath AS Network. Collaboratively we work together to deliver the athlete pathway, support club and workforce development.
- Tuesday 6pm - 9pm.
- Wednesday 6pm - 9pm.
- Sunday 5pm - 7pm, by invitation from Head Coach.
- The Club is open throughout term time and for some school holidays, updated information will be posted on the calendar, email communication, club newsletter and notice board.
Initially your child will be invited for an assessment to determine their current swimming ability and aquatic skills. A place will be offered dependant on the assessed level, suitability to join a club environment and the availability of spaces. The length of a session depends on the assessed level and individual’s maturity. Progress is assessed regularly both by observation of stroke technique, aquatic skills and timed sessions. Group moves are solely at the discretion of the Head Coach Kay Willcox.
- November - Annual Club Championships.
- December - Annual 200m Freestyle Championships & Skins.
- March – Spring Sprint Gala.
- Open meets / county & regional events / friendly team galas – refer to the club competition calendar.
- January – May - Cotswold League Team Gala.
- October – December - Winter League Team Gala.
The Head Coach Kay Willcox identifies and invites swimmers to enter targeted meets and events on the competition calendar. Team selection is solely at her discretion.
The highlight of the year is the Annual Club Championships, open to all swimmers, events are swam in age groups, heats are held across two evenings in October. The top four finalists in each event , compete on a Saturday evening to win certificates, medals and cups which are awarded at the Annual Club Disco and Presentation Evening held in January.
The 200m Freestyle Championships Skins is open to all swimmers and is held on a club evening. Cups, medals and certificates are presented at the Annual Club Disco and Presentation Evening.
The Spring Club Sprint Gala is held across two club evenings, the top three in each age group in the events are awarded certificates on the night.
- Fees contribute towards the hiring of the pool and Swim England membership fees, our volunteers instruct your child for free.
- First swim £312 pa, which can be paid in monthly instalments, plus cat. 1 or cat. 2 Swim England membership fees, payable on 1 February or on joining.
- Second swim ½ hr - £177 pa, ¾ hr - £204 pa or 1 hr - £228 pa.
- Reviewed by the committee as required to reflect pool hire charges, Swim England fees and insurance.
- Small reductions for families with 3 or more children.
- Hardship cases are consider on an individual basis by the Committee and should be addressed to the Secretary for consideration.
- Reductions in fees where a parent holds a club officer role, is a regular coach / teacher or carries out a significant identified role are agreed annually by the Committee.
Interested in Joining?